Problem: WorldPay wanted user feedback on a new mobile app. Part of the challenge was setting up the study itself.
Solution: I designed a setup partly based on another study that I did with a colleague. But every situation is different, so I had to develop some new ideas.
The study itself went well. The report included observations from the study as well as a review of the UI based on iOS and Android platform guidelines. And I developed a method for mobile usability studies.
Problem: The Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) recognized that information was hard to find on their Web site.
Solution: A very thorough review of 1000+ documents. We analyzed the structure of the site, how up-to-date each document is and how to restructure the site for improved usability. Personas and usability testing were important parts of the project. At the same time, the Commonwealth changed the design and implementation of mass.gov, the site for most government agencies.
Results: A new information architecture: information that is easier to find. We also identified a number of changes that EEC can make in the future to improve usability further.
Results: Interaction Design, Inc., has been around since the early days of Web applications and e-commerce. We designed some of the first online order forms, search engines, medical apps, news sites and HTML editors. (Back then, it was called "the World Wide Web," and not everyone had heard of it!)